We’re Here For You
If you have a damaged roof, you may be wondering how to begin the roof damage insurance claim process. The good news is, it’s simple to make a claim, and we’re here to help. As your local residential and commercial roofing contractors, we will let you know everything you need to get your roof repair costs taken care of. If you aren’t sure of the answers to any of the required information, don’t worry! We’ll fill you in on all the details after we do the initial inspection.
Please note, many of our clients ask if we can call the insurance company for them. Since you are the policyholder, it does need to be you making the call, but we can be there with you if you’d like the assistance.
WHAT INFORMATION DO I NEED?
For Your Insurance Company
- Storm date
- Type of storm damage (hail, wind, etc.)
- Who your contractor is
What To Say
- When you call your claims number or agent (agent if you have State Farm), let them know that you would like to place a property claim for storm damage, specifically to your roof.
- If they ask how you assessed the damage, tell them that your residential or commercial roofing contractors (us!) inspected your roof and informed you of the damage. You can also tell them of any leaks, missing shingles, or if your neighbors have had to replace their roofs.
- Please give them our information and tell them that we are available to meet with the insurance adjuster/representative when they come to inspect the roof/property.
Search every room of your home to check for interior leaks. These usually manifest as ceiling stains.
What To Request From Your Insurance Company
- Inspection time and date
- Your assigned field adjuster’s name and contact information
- Your deductible amount—this helps you know how much out of pocket expenses you may have. ● Your insurance policy type, whether it’s ACV or RCV
Please note that the contact information for your insurance adjuster and the appointment time and date will most likely be disclosed at a later time, once the adjuster is assigned to your claim. They will typically call you back one to three days after your initial call to them.
Keep In Mind…
When the field adjuster calls you to schedule the appointment, you must contact us immediately with the time and date of the meeting, and the adjuster’s name and number. It doesn’t matter if they say they’ll coordinate directly with us; we still need this information. You don’t have to worry about us when you and the adjuster schedule the appointment. Just let us know the appointment details, and we’ll be there whenever and wherever you need us.
For Your Convenience…
Here are some of the most important notes you need to jot down when you speak with the adjuster:
- Inspection date:
- Inspection time:
- Adjuster’s name:
- Adjuster’s phone number:
Download and print this page and keep it with you while you’re making the call! Just click on the file below.
Supreme Roofing & Storm Restoration serves clients across Dublin, Hilliard, Plain City, Marysville, Ostrander, Upper Arlington, Worthington, Westerville, New Albany, Amlin, Amity, Arnold, New California, Jerome, Powell, Lewis Center, Shawnee Hills, Columbus, Galena, Sunbury, Africa, Delaware, Scioto County, Grove City, and the surrounding areas.